Many are more qualified to write on this topic: more passionately, more intelligently, closer to the situation, whether by age or proximity. Whether on today's developments or the history of the Hillsborough Disaster. This is one of those times where it's hardest being a Liverpool supporter on the wrong side of the ocean.
But that's no excuse for avoiding such an important moment in the club's history; every supporter, Liverpool or otherwise, should know the details of what happened and recognize today for what it is: some much-needed closure, after 23 long years, and some semblance of justice. First concrete steps toward justice, at the very least.
So all I can recommend is "read." Read the history, read the Hillsborough Independent Panel's report and conclusion, and learn for yourself.
• Hillsborough Independent Panel: Disclosed Material and Report
• LFC.tv – David Cameron's statement
• ITV and BBC documentaries via Liverpool Offside
• Daily Mirror: Brian Reade on the day that changed football forever
• The Guardian: Hillsborough and Battle of Orgreave
• Tony Evans: New report will accuse police of orchestrating Hillsborough cover-up
• The Anfield Wrap: Watching last night's documentary on Hillsborough was like getting run over by a truck
• Iain Macintosh – Hillsborough: An Apology
I'll update this when links to more videos from LFC.tv's live stream come online later today. Also, some more on the history of the Hillsborough, links I've usually posted on the anniversary of the disaster:
• Hillsborough Justice Campaign
• Hillsborough Family Support Group
• The Hillsborough Football Disaster
• Don’t Buy The Sun
• LFC.tv – Hillsborough: 10 Key Questions
• LFC.tv – 1 Question, 96 Responses
• Liverpoolfc.tv tribute page
• Sheila Coleman: Hillsborough 23 Years On
• The Anfield Wrap – Hillsborough: Still Waiting for The Truth
• Dave Kirby: The Justice Bell