Today's image of the day...
Granted, it doesn't explain much. It's solely an excuse to highlight (and re-watch) the utter brilliance that is Fernando Torres, who's now scored 44 league goals in 47 appearances at Anfield. An average of almost a goal per home league game despite being injured for long stretches over the last three seasons is beyond my powers of description.
• Goals at Anfield make up 73% of his strikes in the league (60) and 58% of his total goals for Liverpool (76).
• 27 (61%) were scored at the Kop End.
• 18 (41%) were game-winners.
• Eight were headers (18%), five were left-footed (11%), and 31 were right-footed (71%).
• Only three came from outside the box – two in his hat-trick against Boro and this season's strike against West Brom. His wonder-goal against Sunderland last season came from just inside the area. An apex predator, to say the absolute least.
Long may it continue.
In the comments are the full list of goals and a breakdown of the above statistics.