01 November 2007

Liverpool 2-1 Cardiff City

Itandje
Arbeloa Carragher Hobbs Aurelio
El Zhar Gerrard Lucas Leto
Crouch Babel

Goals:
El Zhar 48’
Purse 65’
Gerrard 66’

I hate not seeing a Liverpool game.

Having only seen about a minute’s worth of highlights, I’m absolutely unqualified to say much more about the match other than I’m surprised both Carra and Gerrard started (although Stevie played because Sissoko was still sick), and there were a few things that pleased: Babel got a chance to play as a striker, Hobbs got his first team debut, Leto and Lucas got more first team action, El Zhar scored a peach of a goal (as did Gerrard, his 3rd in 3 games), and Liverpool’s in the draw for the last 8.

As I don’t have much else to say, I’m going to put up a bunch of different links to match reports, etc as I did for some games last season to compensate. I’d add the goals, but I’m sure the links would be gone within hours, and I’m sure the lot of you are resourceful enough to find them on your own.

If I do get a chance to see the full game, I’ll add more.

Official site: Match Review
Official site: Rafa reaction
Official site: Rafa on Gerrard
Official site: El Zhar reaction
Liverpool Echo write-up
BBC write-up
Guardian write-up
The Times write-up
Daily Telegraph write-up
The Independent write-up
Sky Sports match review
RAWK post-match thread

No comments :